Monet in the '90s: The Series Paintings

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,History & Criticism

Monet in the '90s: The Series Paintings Details

Brand New Hardcover w/dust jacket (as shown) "Monet in the '90s: The Series Paintings" Fast shipping...(B12) Read more

Reviews

I am a painter who wanted to do a series of paintings for an upcoming exhibit. I got this book to see if it would stimulate some interesting ideas. Given the plethora of poorly illustrated books on Monet I was pleasantly surprised by the reproductions. A few I had never seen before and others I had never seen with their accompanying series paintings. Most of the reproductions are quite large, which I appreciate, and the colors are rich and seem accurate. I haven't read the text straight through but skimmed various sections and the ideas presented are very stimulating and fill in the gaps regarding Monet's motivations for painting in a series.If you are a painter who feels drawn to doing series this book will prove invaluable. This book is also my best book of Monet's reproductions (admittedly I am still searching for the ultimate Monet book, one with lots of large, incredible reproductions. If you have any suggestions please let me know).

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel